The safety of the baby is always a concern for the parents. While traveling in a car it is necessary to get the perfect car seat for your kid that will keep them secure. There are a lot of factors that go into while buying the right seat.
You need to look into whether the seat is secure and have enough layers and shock absorbing properties that can endure any kind of force or the straps if they’re right enough but not too tight for that can hurt the baby. Another thing that one looks for in a car seat that if it can accommodate a growing baby. To buy a new car seat as your child grows is stressful for your budget.
So, here are 4 best convertible car seats keeping in mind the security and budget for you can choose from.
1Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat
Reclining in the 9-position leveling system for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles and dual bubble level-indicators to assure safe drive, Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat is one of the stylish and comfortable car seats you can get. LATCH tightener keeps your baby protected with 6-position adjustable headrest and harness strap position that widens with headrest adjustment to accommodate growing children. Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat will provide a comfortable ride to babies of all ages. The integrated LATCH strap slide path for conversion from rear-facing to forward-facing along with LATCH storage compartments and thermal-insulated cup holder with pocket.
- With 9 reclining position options, you can convert the seat to fit accurately in wider varieties of vehicles
- Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat is adjustable to several body types. The baby of all sizes can fit without any discomfort and have enough room for them.
- The seats are very sturdy comparatively. The bubble system also ensures the seat install safely.
- The straps have a depth which will your baby protected.
- The seat is very good looking, well-padded, compact and comfortable with 9 reclining positions.
- Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat comes with a removable cup holder on the side of the seat and storage for LATCH anchors.
- The LATCH is very easy to install.
- The seat is quite big. It can get inconvenient to move it around.
- Straps are hard to adjust. The tightness and release strap buttons are pressed closely against the seat which is a problem while accessing the straps as it gets into the way.
- The sides are high. It gets hard to put and get your child in and out of the seat.
2Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
If you about getting a ClickTight Car Seat for your little one, Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat is the best one the get. The layers of protection from all the sides with straps and placed on the impact-absorbing base, this will keep your kid protected from any danger.
- Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat is easy to install.
- Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat has 7 reclining positions.
- A layer of side impact protection, steel frame, and impact-absorbing base which provides layers of protection that keep your child safe in any harsh conditions.
- The seat is comfortable and does not leave any strap mark on babies.
- Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat is very easy to adjust the car seat as the baby grows.
- Uninstalling the seat is hard.
- The cover is not machine washable and it does not come off easily.
- The straps can get tighter around the crotch and leg area.
- The click tight tilts far too forward while clicking it and it is also hard to undo it.
- It is of a big size.
3Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat
Comfort is definitely a priority when you’re buying coming for your kid. Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat easily grows with your child with the automatically adjustable harness and headrest height. Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat also includes LATCH and easy-to-read level indicator that offers you hassle-free installation. The seat is made with considering safety and includes Side Impact Testing and features EPS foam.
- Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat is easy to install.
- The headrest is adjustable.
- The padding is nice and firm.
- The straps are easy to attach.
- Accommodates children as they grow.
- The cupholder is very handy.
- The price is great.
- Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat is lightweight.
- Flight friendly. It is easy to strap to the seat belt in flight.
- The latch is hard to unhook.
- The straps are not tight enough.
- It can hard to remove the cover and clean the seat.
4Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Max 2-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Max 2-In-1 Convertible Car Seat provides the ultimate protection and comfort with an extended weight range that keeps the children safely harnessed for a longer period of time with car weight limit reaching up to 85 pounds. Apart from taking care of your child, it will take care of your comfort as well. The auto-magnetic chest clip helps you to get you on your way quickly. Handy harness holders keep harness straps out of the way for easy boarding. The buckle can be flipped away won’t get in the way while getting in and out of the seat.
- The seat provides ultimate comfort. It is soft and comfortable.
- Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Max 2-In-1 Convertible Car Seat is easier to take off the cover and make cleaning easier. It can also go through the dryer which is not so familiar with other car seats.
- The straps are easy to adjust.
- The magnetic straps are very handy and easy to use.
- The position of clips on the side of the seat is ideally situated to prevent any twisting.
- The weight of forward-facing is 85 pounds which is better than other car seats.
- Installation is a bit difficult.
- The size of the seat is huge.
- The price is on the higher end.