Cooking eggs and healthy nutritious meals have never been easier. The egg cooker is a multi-purpose product, which helps you to cook your eggs, the way you prefer them. It does not only limit you to cook eggs, you can also cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelette. It also allows you to cook rice as well as steam vegetables and other food items for a healthy meal and delicious snacks.
If you had a problem cooking greater quantities of eggs together in one batch, egg cookers are the solution to your problem. You can cook a number of eggs together in a batch, according to your needs. It also saves you time and alerts you with the inbuilt alarm, that your eggs are ready to be devoured fresh and hot.
Egg cookers are user friendly and come with the best features. So, we prepared a list of some of the best ones with the best features, after analyzing customer reviews on Amazon US official website. We hope you find your pick from the list!
Best Egg Cookers Based on Customer Reviews on Amazon
Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer
If you are looking for some easy and effective way to cook your eggs or a whole meal, Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer can be one of your best choices. Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer is an easy to use and versatile 2-tier steamer. You can use 1-tier to cook a light meal of small portions, 2-tiers to cook a whole meal and if you wish to go for large, you can easily remove the center divider to fit varieties of foods and vegetables.
If you like your eggs soft, medium, or hard-boiled, you can cook it easily in Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer. The functions of this product are also relatively easy to use. With a one-touch button, you can set the cooking timer on and wait for the steamer to beep when your food is ready.
- The product provides not only one but two steaming bowls, for steaming small or large quantities of food or vegetables.
- This product not only helps you to cook vegetables, seafood, and others but also allows you to cook eggs, both soft to hard-boiled, just the way you prefer.
- An additional good thing about this product is that it also comes with a rice bowl, which is perfect for cooking rice and small foods.
- This product has a digital touchpad, and with your one touch, you can cook your food easily and effectively.
- This product is also easy to clean. The food containers can be hand-washed, whereas, the drip tray and rice bowl are dishwasher safe.
- The water reservoir of the steamer can get moldy after some time of usage.
Chef’s Choice Gourmet Egg Cooker
If you were wondering how to cook a number of eggs together according to your preference, but could not find a way? Chef’s choice gourmet egg cooker offers you to cook eggs in an effortless manner. This product offers you to prepare up to 7 eggs, according to your preference.
Chef’s choice gourmet egg cooker helps you with the dilemma to cook different types of boiled eggs together in less time. You can cook eggs in the same batch ranging from soft, medium, or hard-boiled.
- Helps you to set the electronic timer to cook your eggs perfectly,
- It is also easy to clean and comes with a non-stick water reservoir.
- It also comes with a convenient egg tray, which can be easily lifted with one hand for rinsing under cold water or carrying to the table, to enjoy freshly cooked eggs.
- Cooking up to 7 eggs in one batch, a combination of soft, medium, and hard-boiled eggs become easier with this egg cooker.
- It comes with an ample water reservoir to cook eggs multiple times as well.
- Lacks an auto-shutoff option. This egg cooker gives a signal when the eggs are cooked, but does not automatically shut off.
- While boiling the eggs, water can leak from the sides of the egg cooker lid.
Krups Egg Cooker
Krups egg cooker is one of the best choices for people who are egg lovers or for busy families. This egg cooker is not only easy and convenient to use, but also offers people the to cook 7 eggs at a time in a removable egg holder.
This egg cooker not only helps to cook boiled eggs but also helps you to cook poached eggs or individual omelettes.
- This egg cooker comes with two poaching trays to make poached eggs or omelets.
- This egg cooker also comes along with an egg piercer and measuring cup.
- This egg cooker offers the facility of a dual switch for boiling and deep-water.
- This egg cooker also includes a removable egg holder
- This egg cooker is easy to clean and low maintenance is needed.
- No auto-shutoff option.
- The duration of time to cook perfect eggs can take longer than the actual time.
Dash Rapid Egg Cooker
Dash rapid egg cooker is a compact, versatile, and lightweight egg cooker. This egg cooker provides 6 eggs capacity, which hardly takes 10 minutes to cook your way of preferred eggs. This 6 eggs capacity egg cooker helps you to cook soft, medium, and hard-boiled eggs and also poached eggs scrambled eggs and omelet in no time.
Whether you are someone with a busy schedule or someone with a big family, this egg cooker helps you to cook your eggs with ease. This egg cooker needs low maintenance and hence, it’s easy to keep it clean. You don’t have to worry about keeping an eye on your eggs to see if they are cooked well because the buzzer installed in the egg cooker will alert you when your eggs are cooked perfectly.
- This egg cooker comes with an inbuilt buzzer to alert you when your eggs are perfectly cooked.
- This egg cooker is easy to use and saves time.
- This egg cooker also has an auto shut-off function.
- You can not only boil eggs but also make poached eggs or an omelet easily with this egg cooker.
- Water leaks from the bottom of the water reservoir.
- Loud inbuilt buzzer.
- Omelette trays and egg poacher comes in a relatively smaller size.
Egg Genie Electric Egg Cooker
If you are looking for an effective way to cook your eggs easily, the Egg genie electric egg cooker can be a good choice for you. This egg cooker comes with a capacity of 7 eggs. You can easily cook 7 eggs at a time in a way you prefer. The buzzer goes off when your eggs are completely ready for you to devour.
This egg cooker also comes with a measuring cup, so you will know the exact amount of water to use for boiling your eggs.
- Buzzer alert function helps to let you know when the eggs are cooked.
- 7 eggs can be boiled at once ranging from soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs.
- This egg cooker also includes a measuring cup.
- Requires a small amount of water to cook eggs.
- This egg cooker is relatively not suitable for poached eggs.
- No switch on and auto shut-off function.
Chefman Electric Egg Cooker
If you want to cook your eggs faster than your stovetop method, and looking for a way to do it easily, then Chefman electric egg cooker should be your go-to choice. This egg cooker not only cooks your eggs easily and effortlessly but also lets you cook 6 eggs at a time. This egg cooker comes with 6 eggs capacity and helps you to cook your eggs depending on your preference, soft, medium, poached, steamed, or hard-boiled eggs. Not only boiled eggs but also lets you cook scrambled eggs and omelet.
This egg cooker is convenient and easy to use. You have to no longer keep an eye on your eggs to check if they are cooked, the buzzer installed in Chefman electric egg cooker alerts you as soon as your eggs are cooked the way you desire them.
- This egg cooker has a compact size and is great for college dorms, kitchen, and also while you travel.
- It is easy to clean and requires low maintenance.
- This egg cooker doesn’t limit you to cook eggs only. It also allows you to stream various vegetables and make a great and delicious meal or snack.
- This egg cooker has long-lasting durability with advanced safety technology
- This egg cooker also comes with a 1-year warranty.
- This egg cooker also includes a measuring cup, so, you know the exact amount of water you need to cook your preferred eggs.
- This egg cooker also comes with a removable tray, which helps you to move the tray directly to your table and enjoy hot, freshly cooked eggs.
- This egg cooker has a clear ventilated lid, so, you can check your eggs cooked to perfection, and it also has a steam spout at the top of the ventilation steam to avoid building pressure.
- This egg cooker is not only limited to cooking eggs alone, it also comes with a BBP-free bowl to cook poached eggs as well as steam other vegetables and food items.
- This egg cooker also comes with a measuring cup and piercing pin to help you cook your desired style of eggs.
- Relatively smaller in size.
- No auto-shut off function.
- Plastic poaching tray, instead of a stainless steel one.
- Hard to open the lid when the eggs are cooked.
Copper Chef Egg Maker
Do you want to cook your eggs with less hassle? Copper chef egg maker is the solution for you. With just one touch, you can cook your eggs the way you prefer them. You can cook soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs easily with this egg cooker. Not only that, but you can also cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelette for parties, snacks, salad, or for breakfast.
Copper chef egg maker has a capacity of 14 eggs. So, if you are worried about cooking eggs for a large gathering, this egg cooker will solve your problem. You can cook 14 eggs at once, or cook 7 eggs with just one layer.
This egg cooker also comes with an auto-shutoff function, which is another highlight of this product. So, you need not worry about your eggs being overcooked, because this egg cooker will automatically shut off when your eggs are cooked to perfection.
- It has a compact size and is lightweight, and will preferably take less space in your cabinets. It is also portable and can be carried along during trips and while traveling.
- It has an auto-switch off and standby mode function to prevent your eggs from overcooking.
- This egg cooker also comes with 5 piece accessories set-hardboiled egg insert & extender tray, poaching insert, omelet ring, and measuring cup, to help you cook different types of eggs and with ease.
- It is also easy to clean and maintain.
- It creates less mess than your regular stovetop and is a hassle-free product.
- The quality of this egg cooker is compromised due to the cheap price.
- This egg cooker is made of plastic, instead of stainless steel.
Cuisinart Egg Central Egg Cooker
Cuisinart is yet another simple, easy to use egg cooker in the market. This egg cooker comes with 10 eggs capacity. Whether you like your eggs soft, medium, or hard consistency, this egg cooker cooks your eggs the way you prefer them. Not only boiled eggs, but you can also cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelette effortlessly with this egg cooker.
Cuisinart egg central egg cooker comes with removable trays and helps you to cook poached eggs in a poaching tray of 4 eggs capacity and omelette in an omelette tray of 3 eggs capacity.
The amount of water you add to this egg cooker determines the cooking time of your eggs.
- Built-in LED light, an alert ring, and a standby mode function to help prevent your eggs from overcooking;
- It comes with a measuring cup and piercing pin, to help you use the exact amount of water needed to cook your preferred style of eggs.
- It has a removable trays, which helps you to easily remove the egg trays for washing or to place on the table.
- Adding the right amount of water will control the time required to cook your preferred style of eggs.
- This egg cooker comes with a brushed stainless steel lid.
- It is easy to clean and requires low maintenance.
- It also comes with 2 egg holders to cook your desired number of eggs at once.
- The push-on button has low durability.
- The piercing pin used to pierce a hole on the top of the eggs can lead the yolk of the egg to ooze out from the top of the pierced egg while cooking.
- This egg cooker shuts down on its own when it runs out of water while cooking the eggs; therefore, using the appropriate amount of water might be a hassle.
Our Best Pick up From the Above List
The above-mentioned list of all the 8 egg cookers does an amazing job of cooking your eggs to perfection. But there will always be one which stands out from the rest. So, the one egg cooker which stood out for us is Copper Chef Egg Maker.
The reason why Copper Chef egg maker stands out for us is that it comes with a 14 egg capacity. Compare to other egg cookers on the list, this particular egg cooker comes with a bigger egg capacity. From the above-mentioned list of egg cookers, some egg cookers lack the auto-shutoff function, but, Copper Chef egg maker comes with an inbuilt auto-shutoff function and standby mode, which, helps to prevent your eggs from being overcooked.
Copper Chef Egg maker allows you to cook 14 eggs at once or 7 eggs with one layer. For big gatherings or large family, Copper Chef egg maker is perfect because of its 14 eggs capacity. Not only, it allows you to boil your eggs soft, medium, or hard-boiled, but you can also cook other egg dishes such as scrambled eggs, omelette, and other egg dishes for breakfast, parties, and healthy meal.
Copper Chef Egg maker also has a compact size and is lightweight which allows you to carry it with you when you go for trips, and is also perfect for students living in college dorms. This egg cooker requires low maintenance and easy to clean.
The copper Chef Egg cooker also has a non-stick coating, which means you do not have to worry about your omelette or scrambled eggs sticking on the tray.
All in all, the Copper Chef egg cooker is affordable and is user friendly. It also cooks your eggs in no time without any hassle.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying An Egg Cooker
What is an egg cooker?
Egg cooker helps you to cook your eggs effortlessly and with less hassle than cooking on a stovetop. Most egg cookers come with an inbuilt auto-shutoff function and standby mode to help prevent your eggs from being overcooked. Egg cookers are relatively easier to use with user-friendly functions. Also, egg cookers come with an inbuilt alarm, loud enough to alert you that your eggs are cooked.
Egg cookers don’t only limit you to cook boiled eggs. It also helps you to cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelette easily. The egg cooker also includes different accessories sets like removable trays, measuring cups, piercing pin, and even rice bowls. With the included accessories set, you can cook your eggs, steam your vegetables and other food items, and make a healthy and nutritious meal.
Nutritious and healthy food
All of us know the benefits of eggs possess. Eggs cooked in any manner are always nutritious and healthy. Egg cooker allows us to cook nutritious egg dishes in no time. It’s effortless and easy to use to cook different egg dishes in less amount of time. It also lets you stream and fries your eggs easily.
Not just boiled eggs
When we talk about egg cookers, we limit ourselves to thinking that egg cookers are only meant for boiling eggs. Well, that is not the case. Egg cookers, not only allow you to boil eggs but also let you cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelette.
Well, it also allows you to steam vegetables and other food items too for a healthy and delicious meal.
Using the right amount of water
Egg cookers come with a measuring cup, to help you measure the right amount of water to cook your preferred style of eggs. Some egg cookers also have an advantage where less water is required to cook your eggs perfectly. So, if you had trouble deciding how much water to use for cooking your eggs, use the measuring cup and pour the appropriate amount of water right away to cook your eggs.
Features To Consider While Buying An Egg Cooker
Easy to manage
Egg cookers are easy to manage and require low maintenance. Managing an egg cooker requires less effort and can be maintained easily with a proper cleaning process. The removable trays can be washed in a dishwasher or with mild detergent, whereas the egg cooker needs to be cleaned with only a wet cloth. It only requires a normal cleaning method and nothing overboard.
Compact and lightweight
Egg cookers are lightweight and compact in size. Due to its compact size, egg cookers require only a small space in your kitchen cabinets. It is also lightweight and portable, which means you can carry the egg cooker along when you go on trips and traveling. Due to its lightweight and compact size, it is also perfect for students who live in college dorms.
Egg cookers come in a range of prices and are also very affordable. Egg cookers can relatively range from $9.95 to $60.00 or more. You can choose an egg cooker according to your budget from the varieties and enjoy cooking your eggs in an effortless and easy manner.
Capacity for eggs
Egg cookers come with different egg capacities. Some egg cookers come with 4 egg capacity, 7 egg capacity, and while others can come up to 14 egg capacity. You can choose the desired egg capacity you want and cook your eggs all at once or in batches. Due to the different egg capacities of egg cookers, it is easier to cook eggs effortlessly for big gatherings, large families, or any parties, breakfast, or snacks.
Egg cookers include accessories like egg trays for boiled eggs and separate egg trays for poached eggs and omelette. Egg cookers also include a measuring cup as well as a piercing pin. These accessories set make it easier to cook your eggs perfectly. Some egg cookers also come with rice bowls, which helps you to cook rice easily.
Removable egg tray
Egg cookers also come with a removable tray. You can easily lift out the removable tray and place it on the table and devour delicious freshly cooked eggs. A removable tray also helps you to cook eggs in just one layer, instead of two, according to your preference. It also lets you use different trays for cooking eggs in different ways like boiled eggs or scrambled eggs and omelette. One good thing about removable tray is that, once you remove the trays, you can use the cooker solely for steaming different vegetables and food items easily.
Egg cookers are easy to use and handle. The functions are user friendly and hassle-free. Egg cookers come with one push-button function, which saves time and also cooks your eggs to perfection.
Egg cookers also come with an inbuilt alarm and standby mode to alert you when your eggs are cooked and also help to prevent your eggs from being overcooked.
The auto-shutoff function is the most sought-after function people want in their egg cooker. Although, not every egg cooker comes with an auto-shutoff function. If you need an egg cooker with an auto-shutoff function, make sure you read the description of the egg cooker and buy accordingly.
The auto-shutoff function enables the egg cooker to automatically shut off after your eggs are cooked. So, you don’t have to worry about your eggs being overcooked.
Like any other electronic product, egg cookers, come with a warranty as well. Some egg cookers come with 6 months warranty, while some come with a 1-year warranty. Any electric product can stop working due to various reasons after continuous usage. So, finding an egg cooker with a warranty card is a must.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.) How does an egg cooker work?
Egg cookers are a simple and user-friendly product. With one push button, you can cook your preferred style of eggs easily in no time. Egg cookers, not only allows you to boil eggs but also helps you to steam vegetables and other food items for a healthy and nutritious meal.
Q.) Which egg cookers are the best in the market?
Egg cookers range from low to high prices. Although, it does not mean, that low price egg cookers are equivalent to bad quality. Most egg cookers come at an affordable price and do an amazing job. Some of the best egg cookers in the market according to many consumers and our preferred choices would be- Copper Chef egg cooker, Chefman Electric egg cooker, Cuisinart Egg Central egg cooker, and Chef’s Choice Gourmet egg cooker. These egg cookers come with the best features.
Q.) How to clean an egg cooker?
Egg cookers require low maintenance and because of its compact size and lightweight nature, it can be easily cleaned and stored. You should bear in mind that egg cookers are not dishwasher safe, as the high temperature of the dishwasher might affect the plastic. It is recommended to take a wet cloth and clean the main body or the heating vessel, as it will be safer.
On the other hand, the lid, egg holder tray, poaching, and steaming trays can be washed easily with soapy water or mild detergent.
Also, a very important thing to keep in mind, while cleaning an egg cooker, is to never immerse the electric cord or boiler base in water during the process of cleaning the egg cooker.
You just need to follow these simple steps to clean and wash an egg cooker easily and also to ensure that your egg cooker works for a long time.
Q.) Why use an egg cooker?
If you want to cook your eggs easily and without much hassle, then an egg cooker is a definite choice for you. Whether you are hosting a big gathering, have a large family, a student, or someone with a busy schedule, egg cookers can help you cook your preferred style of eggs in 10-15 minutes. Not only you can cook boiled eggs but also steam vegetables, cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelette with the help of an egg cooker. The egg cooker is a multi-purpose product. Some egg cookers also include a rice bowl, which is an added advantage.
Egg cookers also have a compact size and are lightweight, which means; you can carry it with you during trips and while traveling. It is also an effective product for students who stay in college dorms.
Q.) How much water is required to cook in an egg cooker?
If you were wondering how much water to use to cook in an egg cooker, do not worry, because egg cookers include a measuring cup. The measuring cup helps you to use the required amount of water for cooking your desired style of eggs. Some egg cookers also require less amount of water to cook eggs, which is an added advantage. So, you just need to pour the appropriate amount of water using the measuring cup and cook your eggs right away.
Q.) How long does it take to cook eggs in an egg cooker?
Egg cookers help you to cook your eggs effectively and easily in no time. Whether you want to cook soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs, it will take between 10-15 minutes. Egg cookers save your time and help you to cook your eggs easily. Egg cookers also have an inbuilt buzzer which alerts you as soon as your eggs are cooked, to prevent your eggs from being overcooked.
Q.) Are electric cookers worth it?
Electric cookers are definitely worth it. If you wish to cook eggs in greater quantities, you cannot go wrong with an electric egg cooker. Electric egg cookers come with different egg capacities, so you can choose the one that matches your needs. Electric egg cookers are not only better than cooking on the stovetop but it also comes with other great features as well.
Q.) Are the eggs easy to peel once they are cooked?
Well, all of us have struggled to peel eggs easily once they are cooked. But, with the help of an egg cooker, peeling eggs once they are done becomes a lot easier. Egg cookers use steam to cook the eggs and therefore, it becomes easier to peel the eggs once they are cooked.
Q.) Are electric egg cookers safe?
Electric egg cookers are definitely safe to use. As long as you maintain your egg cookers well, there will not be any problem. Electric egg cookers have user-friendly functions therefore, it is hassle-free and easy to use.
Q.) What is the advantage of an egg cooker compared to cooking on a stovetop?
The advantage of cooking your eggs in an egg cooker compared to cooking on a stovetop is that you do not have to keep checking your eggs every now and then, wondering if your eggs are well cooked. Egg cookers save you time and effort. All you need to do is, pour the right amount of water in the egg cooker as required and place your eggs on the egg tray, and switch on. As soon as your eggs are cooked, the inbuilt alarm in the egg cooker will alert you that your eggs are cooked perfectly, just the way you like them.
Q.) Do the eggs need to be room temperature when placed in the egg cooker?
There is no specific requirement mentioned in what temperature the eggs should be in. Whether you store them normally or directly take out from the fridge, egg cookers will cook them to perfection.
Q.) Is it necessary to pierce the eggs, and is there a piercing pin included?
If you want your eggs to cook well and correctly, then, yes, you will need to pierce the eggs. Egg cookers include a piercing pin as well, so, with the help of the piercing pin, you can pierce the eggs before cooking it in the egg cooker. Piercing the egg before cooking will also ensure that the eggshell doesn’t crack and you can peel your eggs easily after they are done.
If you are still wondering whether you should spend money on an egg cooker, do not hesitate. Every one of us wants an easy way out to do things effectively. Egg cookers come to your rescue when you want to cook a greater quantity of eggs for parties or families, for breakfast, and for healthy snacks. Egg cookers come with big egg capacities, so you can cook up to 6, 7, or 14 eggs at once with no hassle. Egg cookers also let you steam vegetables, cook poached eggs, scrambled eggs, or omelet. Egg cookers are a multi-purpose product. It has a compact size and is lightweight, so you can clean and store it easily.
If you are planning to buy an egg cooker, do not have second thoughts. It is worth your money and time. You can choose the best egg cookers that come at affordable prices, and with the best features.