Get rid of sensitive documents, old credit cards, CDs or DVDs, outdated paperwork, or accumulated paper waste in your office or house quickly with a paper shredder. We understand how important it is to keep your personal information secure and confidential. When you get rid of old credit cards or documents which might contain some sensitive data, there is a risk of privacy invasion. Paper shredder destroys documents to a point where it is unrecognizable.
Here is a List of the 5 Best Paper Shredders for Home and Office
Fellowes Powershred 79Ci Paper Shredders
Fellowes Powershred can shred up to 16 pages at a time without getting jammed. Apart from papers, the machine can safely shred CDs, DVDs, credit cards, paper clips, staples, and junk mail. The Jam Proof System eliminates the possibility of having paper stuck to the blades. It priorities the safety of the users with SafeSense Technology which stops the blade as soon as your hand touches the paper opening.
- It can shred up to 16 pages at a time, making it fast and efficient.
- It can go through and chop credit cards, CDs/DVDs, staples, and paper clips.
- Jam Proof Technology ensures that papers are not stuck between the blades.
- The shredder can move through papers, staples, and paper clips without jamming.
- Extended run time and short break duration give more operation time.
- Work safely with SafeSense Technology which shuts down the blade when your hand touches the paper opening.
- The detachable wheels at its base make it highly portable.
- Works quietly
- The waste bin is small. Shredding automatically stops when the container is full.
Roy89121R 1840MX Paper Shredder
Royal is known for manufacturing some of the most beautiful office equipment. Protect yourself from the risk of identity theft with a paper shredder in your home office. This machine strives to make your work easy and secure. Roy89121r 1840mx Paper Shredder can shred 18 pages seamlessly and finely that it will be hard to reassemble.
The machine is affordable, yet its sturdy classic console design perfectly blends with the office environment. It can run for 40 minutes straight without any disruption. To secure your sensitive documents, put the papers in your shredder, which will make them unreadable within 5 seconds.
- Fast and efficient chopping with shredding up to 18 papers at a time.
- The minimal size of the shredded pieces is with maximum security.
- It takes five seconds of shredding time duration.
- It works on miscellaneous objects like credit cards, CDs, and DVDs.
- Large waste bin capacity.
- It does not make noises.
- It reduces paper jams with a jam-free roller.
- Highly portable because of the wheels attached to the base.
- The machine can run for 40 minutes.
- It has an automatic start and stops function.
- It does not have a safety sensor.
- The feeder slot is small.
AmazonBasics 12-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
When you’re getting rid of a sensitive document, you must shred it unless you wish to risk your personal information. Amazon Basics do not only tear paper into pieces but reduces them to small particles. It makes sure to keep your data secure from any privacy breach.
The equipment may not be the best to look at, but its convenience is uncompromising. AmazonBasics 12-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper can easily be moved around the house with the help of the casters and the hand-holders help to lift it conveniently.
- The shredder finely chops the paper into pieces.
- High portability with casters to move around and hand-holders to pick it up.
- The viewport gives a clear view of the waste bin for better waste tracking purposes.
- The indicator lights up when the machine is ready to use, or the bin is not placed correctly.
- Automatic feeder
- Easy to unjam
- It can shred miscellaneous items like credit cards, CDs, and DVDs.
- Decent waste bin capacity.
- It does not make noise.
- Paper clips, staples, laminate papers, and envelopes are not ideal for this shredding machine.
- It needs 45 minutes to cool down.
Bonsaii 12-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
Bonsaii is very easy to use, and its simple features make it ideal for home use. It chops the paper into small particles that are even smaller than standard micro-cut. Convenience is the most critical factor in Bonsaii. The short attached handles for lifting the shredder part quickly and emptying the waste bin. You can keep track of the level of wastes accumulating through a window in the front.
To make it more convenient, it comes with an auto-start function. It starts automatically when the sensor in the middle of the feeder slot detects inserting papers. It is easy to take care of a jammed shredder by manually reversing to clear it out.
- It features micro-cut shredding.
- It works on paper, credit cards, and staples.
- Easy to track waste through the front window.
- Large wastebasket capacity.
- Easy to empty the waste bin.
- The sensor for auto-start shredding works excellent.
- Unjamming is more comfortable with reverse options.
- Highly portable with detachable wheels.
- The wheels are lockable so it can stay in one place.
- The machine shuts off automatically when the shredder gets overheated.
- It can run for 10 minutes.
- The 45 minutes long cooldown duration
AmazonBasics 15-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
Keep your documents confidential with this shredder. AmazonBasics 15-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper shreds paper, CD, DVD, and credit cards into equal pieces for security. A reliable machine with four power modes of auto start, off, forward, and reverse. It is one of the best paper shredders protecting against overheating and overloading.
- Cross-cut shredder for paper, CD, DVDs, and credit cards
- Fine chopping
- 20 minutes of running time
- Low noise level
- LED indicator for overheating, overloading, bin full, door open and standby
- Large waste bin capacity
- Easy waste tracking with a small window
- Overheating and overloading protection
- It destroys CDs, DVDs, credit cards, paper clips, and staples
- Unjam easily with auto-reverse and auto start.
- Poor bin design