With technology advancing rapidly, we are being introduced to brand new gadgets each day. One such device is a smart doorbell camera. It is a beautiful invention as it will make your life especially the cops’ experience a lot easier.
As the name suggests, the smart doorbell is inbuilt with a camera that allows you to check who is on the other side of the door, even without opening it. So naturally, this doorbell will help you weed out unwelcome guests. The best part is that you can see who rings the doorbell even when you are not home.
The smart doorbells, connected to your Wi-Fi network come with a lot of handy features like Wi-Fi enabled apps, live video streaming, two-way talk, and many more!
The Best Smart Doorbell Cameras Available on Amazon
Ring Video Doorbell 2 with HD Video Doorbell Cameras
When we are talking about smart doorbell cameras, the Ring video doorbell camera deserves a special mention which is why we put it first on the list.
If you install this smart doorbell, you can easily watch over your house and answer the door from anywhere with the help of your phone, tablet, or PC. It is inbuilt with next-generation security from the Ring Video Doorbell 2. Ring sends you an alert whenever anyone comes to your door and lets you connect with the visitor from literally anywhere. Connect your Ring smart doorbell with Alexa. It allows the Echo devices to enable you to talk to the visitors.
- Rind smart doorbell camera works hand in hand with Alexa
- It allows you to see, hear and speak to the visitors from your phone, tablet, and PC
- Ring sends alerts as soon as motion is detected
- It is powered by a rechargeable battery pack or connects to doorbell wires for a constant charge
- It monitors your home 24*7 in 1080HD video quality with infrared night vision
- The smart doorbell Lets you check-in on your property anytime with live view on-demand video
- It includes Lifetime Theft Protection
- It takes longer to connect the live video streaming
Smart Lock by Gate Labs Doorbell Cameras
Getting locked outside the door in the past was normal now if you have this model from Gate Labs installed at your home. This smart lock has a unique feature. It lets you in via your PIN code or through the Gate App. But if you want to go old-school, you also have the option of using a key. Apart from the PIN code setting, this smart lock has every other essential feature like a built-in camera, two-way communication, live video streaming, a Single lockset, etc.
- Gate Lab’s motion-activated camera streams quickly
- It provides high-resolution video
- It lets you manage access with a remote from wherever you are.
- Gate smart lock creates individual passcodes which makes it especially convenient for your rentals to come in and go out hassle-free
- You will receive an alert whenever you have a visitor
- The installation process is easy as no drilling or wiring is required
- It gives you complete front door protection
- If it is connected to your Wi-Fi network. It automatically uploads the video to your cloud storage
- The lithium-ion battery is easy to remove and charge.
- The smart doorbell will not record video if motion is not detected. Some may opt for locking-unlocking with remote in which case it will not work correctly.
- The locking and unlocking have to be done manually.
Doorbell Video Ring Security Camera
Our third pick is this smart doorbell from RCA. Now you will never have to ask who is out there with the RCA 3MP High-Definition Video Doorbell. It comes with free video recording on the 16 GB microchip with no monthly fees. It gives a 180° vertical view and night vision. It can record 3MP Ultra HD Video. Like another smart doorbell, it also has mobile access which allows you to communicate with anyone at your door with clear two-way communication via the inbuilt speakers and microphone.
- It provides two-way talk and lives to stream
- It has a Weather resistance system in all environments from -22 degrees Fahrenheit to 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can monitor your house from anywhere with mobile access on a compatible wireless device
- It includes free video recording
- It gives a 180-degree vertical field of view for fewer dead zones, motion detection, and also night vision
- It comes with an inbuilt 90 Decibel alarm
- This device can be selective about in what motion to record and how much to record
Zmodo Smart Greet Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Camera
The smart doorbell from Zmodo comes with 1080p HD video, intelligent motion detection, quick alerts, and also cloud playback. It feels like you’re at home, even when you aren’t.
Now you can see, listen, and speak to your visitors via your smartphone, whether you’re at home or on the go. Tell the delivery man to leave the package at the door or the backyard. You can easily ward off potential burglars looking for an empty house by answering your door from wherever you are. Smart, isn’t it!
- Zmodo also provides you two-way talk
- It has a 105-degree vertical viewing angle that gives you a clear view of your visitors and your home
- It has smart motion detection. It receives an alert and records a video clip whenever motion is detected.
- Zmodo gives a cloud service. It saves videos up to 12 hours of any motion being detected
- It has a 3-year limited warranty and a lifetime of US-based tech support
- The setup is not as easy as compared to other available devices
- The alarm is often delayed
Eufy Security Video Doorbell Camera
Last but not least is this smart doorbell from Eufy for your privacy and safety is of their utmost priority. Every Eufy Security product is manufactured to ensure your security data is kept private. You can have peace of mind that you will always have a recording of everything that happens around your home.
- With Eufy, you will get a crystal-clear 2K image and high definition resolution.
- You can respond very quickly
- With AI technology and an intelligent algorithm, the camera smartly detects body shape and face pattern. Making sure you only get an alert when a human and not a stray animal is at the door.
- Original doorbell wires power it; therefore, users need to modify them.
So that was our top 5 picks for smart doorbell cameras. Don’t wait up, choose the right one for you, and keep your home safe from anywhere.